Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sew What?

I'm obsessed with my sewing machine and the only things keeping me from sewing all the time are 1) Family responsibilities and 2) the fact that you can't really sew while laying on the couch.

But anyway, I've been working on this blanket for a few days for Campbell and I'm finally (sort of) done. I still have to sew the blanket binding on, but have hit a little hiccup.

I didn't get enough binding when I went to JoAnn today, and that store is a BEAST on the weekends. I don't want to go back because everyone there is grumpy. And on the way there, in their cars, people are rude, and it's NOT because I made any driving mistakes.

As you can see in the picture below, I have staged it to look like it's finished. Smoke and mirrors, my friends.

Ok, then also, I found this adorable mustache print fabric and it had my nephew's name written alll over it. So I made a super soft snuggle blanket. I want to keep it but I tricked myself into not keeping it by making it child-sized.


Now my mind is clouded with visions of sewing projects for my sweet niece that is entering the world in a little over 3 months! I may need to make a priority list for her. Girl stuff is fun, and cute, and I'm gonna get myself in trouble!

My name is Sara and I have a blanket addiction.

No comments:

Blogging tips