Monday, October 8, 2012

LOUD NOISES!

When I was working at the Children's Home Society, I had the privilege to learn a lot of things. One of the things I learned about were sensory disorders. Basically, some people have issues with different senses....they experience them too much or not enough. 

After learning about this, I decided that probably most people deal with some sort of sensory disorder. Whether it be that they don't like the way certain things feel. Sometimes people can't sit still. Sometimes things are too loud, or certain noises set them off. Think about yourself for a minute. Are there things that just set you on edge? 

I have diagnosed Kennedy (and his brothers) with an auditory sensory disorder, because they literally FLIP THEIR LIDS if they can hear someone eating. I know this is common, but it's not something that bothers me, so I decided they are suffering from a sensory disorder.

HOWEVER, I think I also have an auditory sensory disorder, because I literally cannot stand loud noises. When I look back, I realize that any concerts I've ever been to have been SUPER uncomfortable for me. I also constantly ask Kennedy to turn down the television or music because it's too loud. 

I don't know how I got through last nights Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion Special. Those ladies constantly yelling...ugh. It was excruciating. But I also have a disorder that I've named Reality Show Addiction Disorder (RSAD). Do you suffer from this? I can't stay away from other people's drama.

Teresa Guidice in her Christmas Pageant dress.


No comments:

Blogging tips