Monday, November 2, 2009

Juvederm

Have you seen commercials for this product? It's an alternative to Botox. What a gross product. Who would ACTUALLY want to inject gel into their face just to get rid of a few wrinkles? I'm not judging...it just seems wrong. Like that Crystal-clear gravy commercial from Saturday Night Live.

Well, after my brief hiatus, I am back with a renewed energy to blog!

Let's start this off with a few pictures from Jaclyn's Halloween (Boo-yah Extravaganza.)


The theme was greek. Here we are in our homemade costumes. Sorry for the largeness of the photo, but otherwise, it looked really blurry.

I went as a golden greek goddess. Unfortunately, you can't tell in the picture that I spray painted my body with gold glitter.

Anyone want to guess what Kennedy is supposed to be? Ok, I'll just tell you. He was the very famous greek tennis player, Pete Sampras. Don't you think the eyebrows give it away? Or maybe the chest hair.

BOO!
I did the eyebrows. Kennedy did the chest hair.

Now, here's Elvis's costume!


My mom made Elvis an "Elvis Presley" costume for Halloween. Unfortunately, Elvis was sick all weekend and I felt a little guilty making him wear a costume when he was throwing up every hour. So I'm going to have to find another reason to have him wear this. Maybe Thanksgiving, since it has some sort of Indian-type eagle painted on the back. Man, my mom must have spent a lot of time on this thing.


Here's another one, just because I find him to be the cutest dog ever.

So then on Saturday, as I mentioned in my previous post, Kennedy and I re-made some end tables that I made last year. Here are the finished products!

The legs are made from some old stair rails. The top is a stamped tin ceiling tile. The brown spots are dirt and rust. Yeah, I haven't gotten around to cleaning the dirt off.


Here's the top of the table. We made 2 tables.

I'm thinking these will go in a guest bedroom, as they do not currently match our existing coffee table. I'll have to work on that....maybe I'll make another trip back to that antique store. The materials for these two tables cost me $32. However, I do feel I was ripped off for the stair rails, but I'm too much of a wimp to haggle.

So, in my final news, I am pleased to say I have learned how to create blog backgrounds and layouts! (Patting myself on the back.) I am amazed at how much I have learned in the past few months. I feel that it may be more than I learned in college....? No, that can't be true. Maybe about 2 years worth of college though.

Anyway, I know a couple of people out there reading this who should probably start a blog of their own.....

3 comments:

amy said...

1. kennedy's Pete Sampras eyebrows really creep me out.
2. elvis looks precious in his elvis outfit.
3. you are a web design stud.

Courtney said...

You need to do a new design for your blog!!!

Stephanie Dean said...

love the outfits, tables and the fact that you can design blogs. I'll offer mine as trial run for your blog design!

Blogging tips