Friday, March 1, 2013

Pop-out pictures: an inexpensive and thoughtful gift

We celebrated my Dad's birthday a little early this year since we all just happened to be in town the same week. Am I the only one who has a hard time shopping for their Dad? If he wants something, he just buys it. I've completely run out of ideas when it comes to holidays where I give my Dad a gift. So I think the new trend is to start giving him pictures of his grandson, C-baby.

I thought I was going to go the whole week without doing a craft, but alas, I can't stay away! I'm addicted!

I have been making these pop-out pictures for years (for myself and as gifts,) and I always love the look of them. They make a photo really stand out from the bevy of other framed pictures of him and Campbell that he will be getting from now on.


It's a simple project that doesn't take long to put together. All you'll need is:
  • 2-3 copies of the photo you want to use
  • A sheet of black craft foam
  • Really sharp scissors
  • Glue
  • A shadow box-ish frame (Hobby Lobby or Michael's has a few good selections
The time it takes to make this project is directly related to how sharp your scissors are. 



A little close-up for you nosey folks.

No comments:

Blogging tips