Friday, September 21, 2012

Progress City

I'd say 30-35% of my day is spent letting the dogs in and out and then wiping their paws each time. Times 3. I thought I'd be done keeping a giant towel by the back door since we don't have a pool anymore. WRONG. If anything, I am wiping WAY more dog paws than I ever had to before. Indiana is very dewey. 

50-65% of my day is spent with Campbell. I swear he gets cuter every day. He is going to have a rude awakening when he gets to Kindergarten one day and people aren't kissing his cheeks all day or nuzzling his neck. Here's to hoping being overly affectionate isn't doing more harm than good.

That leaves me with 0-20% of a day to do THINGS. Like sweep the floors. Or make baby food (not as time consuming as I thought it would be, thank goodness!) OR EAT. Geez, can a girl get a minute alone with her sandwich? I blame the dogs.

Anyway, I somehow managed to get some fun projects done that are helping me to feel more at home. Also, they're motivating me to do MORE things elsewhere in the house.

First up, my Campbell's Soup collage!


A friend posted an instagram picture of these LIMITED EDITION Andy Warhol soup cans available exclusively at Target. And I knew I had to have them. 

I literally handed the baby to Kennedy and said "See ya!" I didn't want to miss out. P.S. I think they're still there, unless they sold out. I was lucky to score 4 different cans. Then I carefully took the labels off, cut all the boring nutrition info off, and framed them for the kitchen. Yay! I love Campbell's and Campbells and Campbell. (That is, respectively; the soup, the family, the baby).

Thanks iPhone 4s for the crappy blurry photo. Why can't you be an iPhone 5?


Then I got homesick. I started to miss the stripes from our old guest bathroom. So I striped up the mini-hall that leads from the kitchen to the laundry room. And the entire time I sang "I Got Stripes" by Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line. Kennedy loves when I sing that.

Here they are!


And here they are peeking out at me when I'm in the kitchen and creepily staring at the hallway. I can't wait to have white cabinets.

Now, don't sit there all judgy, like, "That's it?" Shut up if you think that, because it's rude. I also painted the entire office. However, I don't have a picture of it yet. It's too dark in there at night. And before you tell me to turn the light on, THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THERE. So you'll have to wait til later.


Today I bought this fabric at Hobby Lobby, and I'm in love. It is currently pre-washing, and then I'm gonna sew a much needed slipcover for an upholstered bench we have at the foot of our bed. The dogs have ruined it.

Sometimes, if I happen to have a quick free moment, I look at pictures like this and shed tears of joy.

He was literally born perfect.

No comments:

Blogging tips