Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Moving, O.M.G.

All I can say about moving is, I'm glad it's finally over.

At the beginning, I didn't want to move because I was sad and I was going to miss everything that was my current life.

By the end, I was like, "Are we there yet?" Moving, and especially being displaced for almost a month, is particularly draining.

So, we have been in the house for 6 days. I'm a little frazzled with all of the settling in that has taken place (or hasn't, actually). We have about 1 million boxes left to unpack, and I'm convinced that this is the philosophy of the packing/moving company: Take apart every single thing and then wrap each part in a separate box, then put unlike items together.

It makes for a really cruel game of "find the light bulbs" or "Where did they pack my underwear?"

The other thing is that we could not WAIT to start painting. So we put the unpacking aside and started painting the main living area.

The bad part of that is we now have a half painted room plus a bunch of random unpacked items and boxes. Boxes everywhere.

I have set a goal for myself just now, that I WILL have this room painted and all boxes inside the house unpacked by the weekend. Ok, by the end of the weekend.

Then, and only then, will I deal with the garage.

I think I'm drowning in cardboard.

No comments:

Blogging tips