Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Toddler Food: Potato & Egg Scramble

You might remember how I struggle to find food to feed my child. You can read how I freaked out here, and the subsequent menu that came from that freak out session is here.

Remember how there were so many great resources on Pinterest for pureeing and freezing your own baby food? I mean, toss something in the blender, pour it in an ice cube tray and call it a day. Man, feeding a baby was so easy.

Now that I have a toddler, I can't just give him pureed green beans forever. I have to mix it up a little, for the sake of his palate! I also prefer to make a lot of food ahead of time, so I don't feel like I'm cooking all. day. long.

I have fruits down. He eats tons of fresh fruit. Mixing fruits is easy too. Fruit goes with fruit. Done-zo.

It's the veggies and proteins that continue to stump me. SO, imagine my excitement when I realized a super easy way to get him to eat these things!

Toddler Potato & Egg Scramble

First, I went out and bought 2 packages of these Glad-ware containers:


Notice that they are BPA-free. Now, I know there are other chemicals used for plastics that are probably in here, but you can't win 'em all. They were pretty cheap, too. Maybe 3-4 bucks per package?

I love these because they're a perfect serving size for Campbell. That way I don't make a ton of food for him that goes to waste. Yay for saving money! I plan on freezing the extra so they last a little longer.


Ingredients:
Red Potatoes
Scrambled eggs
Shredded cheese

Boil the red potatoes until soft. Scramble some eggs. Sprinkle cheese. Mash & mix in these little glad containers. DONE.

I also plan on mixing in different things here and there like black beans, diced avocado and tomato, etc. I will probably also add plain yogurt to make it a little smoother for Campbell to swallow.

I'm not sure if he will like this or not, but I have a plan B! If he refuses to eat it, I will just dump it onto a tortilla, put some salsa on it and eat it myself! YUM.


1 comment:

Wendy M. said...

I love those Gladware containers--I've used tons of them for Riley over the past 5 years! For toddler food, are you trying to avoid processed foods or meats? Slices of pepperoni, maybe cut into quarters, are easy to chew and easy on fingers. Peanut butter with goldfish crackers for dipping? Actually, anything that can be dipped is good at his age, and for the next 6-7 years, too! Ranch dressing...we have a love/hate relationship.

Blogging tips