Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Global Warming

It's real, and I created it. Mua hahahaha!

I don't know why I'm putting off writing about Campbell's 1st birthday, but I am. And also, I left my camera cord in Tejas over Christmas, and it makes it a little difficult to upload pictures from his birthday party. So I will wait on that.

Instead, I made a blanket! I have a problem in which I make/own too many blankets. But this is the story:

I went to JoAnn Fabric looking for some kind of decoration for C's birthday party. It was themed loosely on trees. Basically, I just used a bunch of stuff from his nursery, because I like his nursery and wouldn't mind having that stuff all over my house (except that it's a bit juvenile.)

ANYWAY, I got sidetracked at JoAnn, as it usually goes, and wandered through the miles of fabrics. I found an adorable world map printed fabric and it immediately screamed "BUY ME! BUY ME!" So I did.

Then I decided Campbell could use a new blanket in his life. (Or, I could use a new blanket in my life that I would share with him.)

I bought some super soft "Snuggle fabric" as it's called at JoAnn. It's red, his favorite color. I sewed them together like a pillowcase, turned it right side out and top stitched all the way around! Super easy. Super warm.

Here's Elvis, enjoying both North and South America at the same time.

And here's a peek at the backside, which matches Mother Russia quite nicely.

I told Kennedy that I imagined Campbell laying on the floor with the blanket spread out, pointing at each country and reading its name to me. How adorable would it be to hear a little toddler say "Saudi Arabia"? I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO TALK!

In closing, my apologies to the Polar Bears.

No comments:

Blogging tips