Sunday, June 3, 2012

Since I've been gone

Since I've been gone...

11 weeks has passed. That seems like a really long time and not that long at all. I have a 4.5 month old baby. I think he is technically not considered a newborn anymore. Don't quote me on that.

I'm happy to report that I'm still highly productive in certain areas of my life. I was worried I would lose that quality once the baby got here and the "nesting hormones" leveled off. 

And now I will share one of my works-in-progress. It's a fail because it's uglier than when I started. But I will not give up!

I started with a pair of white TOMS shoes that I had worn for several months and got sick of having to wash.
Also, depending on what I was wearing them with, they looked like socks, which was weird.

Then I got a fine-tipped sharpie and went to town with this design. Don't know why I picked it, but it took forever.


I hated them. So then I decided that they could be toned down by dying them dark dark brown. Unfortunately, the dye wasn't as dark as I wanted, and they ended up looking dirty and like boy shoes.


So then, I found this tutorial on Ashley Anne Photography and decided I'd give it a go. Although, my plan is to not just cover the toe, but to cover the entire shoe with the poppy print fabric above. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.

Kennedy says, "Why don't you just throw them away?"

Because I craft, that's why.


In other sad, unrelated news, my Baylor Tervis Tumbler got warped in the dishwasher. Thankfully, the bottom says "Dishwasher Safe" and also "Lifetime Guarantee". So it looks like I have a little exchange appointment to set up this week.


1 comment:

Stephanie Dean said...

I can't wait to see how they turn out! Love the poppy print. They'll jazz up your outfits.

Blogging tips