Sunday, August 16, 2009

Waiting...

Well, I got some Adobe products the other day in the mail, and am just getting a chance to install them. Little did I know it would take 1-2 hours to completely install. I'm probably not helping the situation by surfing the 'net, but it's 11:33 at night and I have to find something to keep myself busy as I eject and insert disc after disc.

So as I sit here, the only thing I hear is the constant chirp of a cricket behind the fridge. It's LOUD. Loud, as in, I went upstairs and Kennedy was watching TV (which is always on full volume) and I could still hear the chirp. And I wouldn't really describe it as a chirp, because it has not ceased. It's more like a long whistle, or an alarm clock, or "the most annoying sound in the world" that Jim Carrey makes in Dumb & Dumber.

This cricket is not the only pet we've inherited with the property, by the way. We've also inherited about 30 geckos, which all prefer to stay in the house and run along the baseboards. There are also some screaming locusts in the backyard that like to jump on you when you're sitting at the edge of the pool at night, those jokers. And then of course, there are cats. I wonder if Kennedy knows that we have cats? So far I've seen 2 that like our back yard, and torment Elvis by lingering near the window when he's trapped inside.

I think I'd rather just have another dog.

So, Saturday evening, Kennedy and I hosted our very first "event" at our house - a family cookout/thank you to all those who helped us get this place livable. It was a lot of fun, but unfortunately, I didn't really stop to take any pictures. There is 1 on my iphone, but I'll have to figure out how to get that on here another time. But I'll probably forget, so just imagine lots of family sitting around our nice, clean patio, chatting and eating burgers.

Tomorrow starts my guerilla-style job hunt. It's time to go to the trenches and get this job thing wrapped up. More on that later.

Time to insert another disc!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I like your new layout colors. Saw the pictures online of your new house, it's going to be gorgeous when you are finished! Can't wait to see the final product

Blogging tips