Friday, August 14, 2009

Takin' a breather

I'm finally getting a moment to sit down and rest! I've been going non-stop for the past week. Kennedy and I FINALLY (3 1/2 months after we put in our offer) closed on our house last Friday. It has been a long and torturous journey but we finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel. There was a mountain of trash/overgrown yardstuffs/more trash to wade through before we could have our own stuff moved in. And with our stuff came a new wave of boxes and packing paper!

Here are some pictures of what we encountered when we first arrived on Saturday morning.



An upstairs guest bedroom with be-be pellets all over the floor, among other things...


Laundry room with soap stuck to the floor, a broken cabinet, and a snake-skin in one of those drawers!


Our swamp pool.

Not pictured is tons of grimy dirt and junk that had to be wiped down before it was livable space. There is still lots to clean before I feel OK about it! The house is slowly becoming ours and we're looking forward to doing lots of entertaining here.
We couldn't have done any of this without help from our family and friends. They've been so helpful and supportive throughout! (For example, my mom used 4 of her vacation days just to do our yard work, and uncovered some treasures along the way.)

As I'm writing, Elvis is curled up in my lap sleeping like a little angel. He has been so neglected this week (not literally, but starved for attention) and I look forward to having most everything in order so he can get the attention he deserves.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is getting back on the ball about finding some employment. Also, I'm in the process of learning the adobe products and some web design so I can help out my dear mother-in-law with her ministry's website, www.prayinglife.org.

I'm hoping to learn enough so I can take it over completely! Muahaha.

I'm currently running on fumes here, needing a little bit of a break. However, the work is never-ending here! I'm off to tackle more rooms.

No comments:

Blogging tips